Punjab National Bank (PNB), a well-known Indian public sector bank, provides a wide range of Fixed Deposit (FD) schemes that meet all kinds of citizens’ needs. PNB offers both short and long terms investments to fulfill the needs of every citizen. PNB offers a wide variety of fixed deposit schemes to add benefits to all types of citizens at affordable ROI. Hurry up to invest in PNB FDS soon! Check PNB FD Schemes and Interest Rates below.
Who Can Apply for PNB Fixed Deposit Schemes?
- Individuals or dependents can have the eligibility to invest in PNB fixed deposit schemes.
- Any Organization and private-owned companies can apply to invest in PNB FD.
- Minors who are aged 10 years and above should need to provide supporting documents to claim in his/her names.
- Minors who are below 10 years under guardianship are eligible to open an account under this PNB FD scheme.
- Any club, HUF/Society can have the facility to open these Fixed or Term Deposit accounts.
- Partnership/NRIs/Institute and associations can also avail PNB Fixed Deposit Schemes.
Also, Check – Punjab National Bank Car Loan
What Type of PNB FD Schemes does the Bank Offer?
PNB Multi-Benefit Deposit Scheme: Multiple benefits can be availed by investing from Rs.100 to Rs. 99.99 lakhs in FDs.
PNB Anupam Term Deposit Scheme: The bank offers an Anupam Term Deposit scheme with an inbuilt overdraft facility ranging deposits from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 99,99,000/-.
PNB Special Term Deposit Scheme: This scheme is beneficial to the people of a minimum of 1 to 10 years.
PNB Sugam Fixed Deposits: This scheme helps users to invest FDs from Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 10 crore for a tenure of 46 days. There is no penalty on premature deposits and users can withdraw the full amount.
PNB Saksham: Individuals can make minimum FD of Rs. 25,000/- and further multiple of Re.1/- to a maximum of Rs.10 Crore. Senior citizens can earn 0.50% extra interest on FDs.
PNB Balika Shiksha: This scheme is specially designed by the PNB bank offering Rs.3,000 for girls passing VIII class from Kasturba Gandhi Girls High Schools and also SC/ST girls enrolling IX class in state/UT government bodies for the academic batch of 2008-2009 onwards.
Road Accident Victims: Minors who are above and below 10 years can claim this motor insurance scheme offered by the PNB.
PNB Dugna Fixed Deposit: Indians/non-resident Indians can open FDs for a period up to 99 months with a fixed amount of Rs.5,000.
PNB Varshik Aay Yojana: The amount of Rs.10,000 to Rs.99.99 lakh in fixed deposits will have a maturity period ranging from 24 months to maximum tenure of 120 months.
Capital Gain Account: Single applicants can credit the amount of account from capital gain.
Also, Check – PNB Net Banking
Major Features to Know on PNB Fixed Deposits
- With auto-renewal benefit, the bank automatically renews the term deposit of depositor after maturity.
- Punjab National Bank allows even blind and illiterate persons to open and invest some amount in the FD account.
- Punjab National Bank FDs are specially designed to meet all sections of depositor needs.
PNB FD Interest Rates:
- PNB medium-term fixed deposits ROI – 6.25% p.a. to 6.85% p.a.- tenure of 1 to 5 years
- 1-year deposits – ROI is 6.75% p.a.
- 3 and 5 years – ROI is 6.35% p.a.
- For senior citizens – ROI is 7.10% p.a.