In today’s world, customers can save money for the future with the option of opening a savings account of many reputed banks in the country. Punjab National Bank is one of the leading trusted banks offering the comfort of online banking services and mobile banking facilities. Customers, who wish to open a savings account in PNB, Get the complete guidance on factors to consider while opening an account.
Who is Eligible to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account?
To open a savings account in PNB, customers are required to certain criteria.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Age must be 18 years and above.
- For minors (below 18 years), the parents or legal guardians can open the savings account on their behalf.
- The customer should have valid Government approved supporting documents for identity and address proofs.
- Upon completion of bank verification, the applicant needs to make an initial deposit.
How to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account?
Applicants who want to open a PNB savings account have a glance at these following steps.
- Offline Method:
- Go to the closest Punjab National Bank branch near your region with the required documents to open a savings account.
- Fill all details in the application form and take the support of PNB Bank employees while opening a new savings account.
- Before submitting an application, ensure to fill correct field details given in the application form and the same details mentioned on your KYC documents should match.
- The bank verifies the document.
- The Application will be approved within 3-5 days.
- Online Method:
- Open the PNB homepage in the browser.
- Click on the “savings accounts” option.
- Select “new request”.
- Fill all details (your name, date of birth, phone number and email ID) in the application form correctly.
- Upon submission of the new application form, a Temporary Customer Reference Number (TCRN) is generated.
- The same TCRN number will be messaged to the applicant’s mobile number and email ID.
- Submit the TCRN number, application form and KYC documents for the further verification process.
- If the bank approves, your account gets activated within 3-5 working days.
Documents to Submit to Open PNB Savings Account
Applicants who wish to open a savings account from PNB bank should submit the following documents.
- Identity Proof
- Residence Proof
- Copy of PAN card
- If PAN Card not available, submit Form 16
- 2 latest passport size photos
What Factors to consider while opening a PNB Savings Account?
- First, customer needs to check the several aspects of the account whether it suits them or not.
- Applicant should know the minimum balance requirement and see if they can afford.
- Know the penalty fees for maintaining the minimum balance.
- Individuals should check the interest rate over savings account deposits as it will determine your returns. So knowing all these factors before choosing a savings account is good.
- Consider the transaction and withdrawal limit per day.
- Also, users have to know extra charges for withdrawal limit per month.