Employee Provident Fund is initiation of government in order to support the employees. The employer has to contribute equally with employee that is 12% of employee’s salary if the basic salary is less than or equal to 15,000 INR. The 12% is further split into EPF and Pension scheme. Where EPF acts as a savings account to all the salaried employees to help after retirement. The government had provided some authority, that an employee can break EPF and they can withdraw the amount in necessities. So today in this blog, we will tell you how to check EPF claim status.
The whole PF is administered by EPFO – Employees Provident Fund Organization of India. Every form which is having the employees of more than 20 has to be registered by EPFO. Every employee will be having an EPF number once they join a company. EPF account number will be available with the employer it is very important to know EPF number. Usually EPF number format is of region code, office, establishment code and PF account number of an employee.
Read the my previous article completely to know more about EPF BALANCE CHECK
Before checking EPF claim status, first, We should know what is it?. EPF claim status is the information available after applying for EPF withdrawal. This provides the whole information about the whole process. The applicant has to prepare if they get any error during the claim process.
How to Check the EPF Claim Status?
Now we will tell you, how to check EPF claim status for your withdrawal. There are two methods to check EPF claim status. One is online and the other is offline. So we will tell you about both methods.
Online Method via UAN
- First of all you have to visit the Member e-sewa portal by searching the ‘unified portal’ on google.
- Login by entering the UAN password and captcha code.
- Now select the online services and then select the claim button.
- A new page will open where you will get all of your details like Aadhar card, name, bank details, etc.
- Now you have to enter the last four digits of bank account number and then click on verify.
- Once your details get verify, then you have to click on proceed for an online claim.
- Now you have to select ‘pf advance’ from the menu and add the purpose of withdrawal.
- After all that, now you have to enter the amount and upload the scanned copy of the cheque.
- In the final, you have to enter OTP came on your registered number with Aadhar Card.
Your account will get credit in sometime after verifying all the information. This is the main way to check EPF claim status.
There is one more method to check EPF claim status online which is via EPFO’S Umang app.
Online Method via EPFO’s Umang App:
- First of all, select EPFO in the Umang app
- Then select the ‘ Employee Centric services
- After that, select the raise claim button
- You will get OTP, add the OTP and password to get into the login to your account.
- Enter the last four digits of your bank account and select the member id from the menu.
- Now you have to fill the address and upload the scanned copy of the check. Once your details are filled properly, your claim will be filled.
If you want to check the claim status, then you have to click on‘track claim status’ in the Member e-sewa portal.
Offline Way to Check EPF Claim Status:
- There is another method to check EPF claim status. You can check it offline by sending an SMS in a proper format.
- You have to send the SMS from the registered mobile number on the UAN portal.
- Here you have to send ‘EPFOHO UAN LAN. You will get all the details through SMS.
What is UAN Based Enquiry for Claim Settlement Status?
UAN is abbreviated as Universal Account Number came to integrate all the PF account which belongs to an employee. Normally people workout for different companies and they will be given different PF account numbers so it is necessary that all these PF accounts should be in par. So UAN number will enable this. Ask your employer to generate a UAN number for you and activate it. Once you activate the UAN number, you can easily view all the EPF passbooks of pensions related to you through UAN members portal. If you have UAN Login number, you can easily track EPF account number of your newly joined company without bothering about asking the employer or seeing the salary slip.
Activating your UAN number is very easy once you get to know your UAN number. This will help you know your EPF balance at a glance. Go to the website and get yourself KYC done. You will be getting one time password to your registered mobile number. Once you enter top the activation of UAN is completed.
Link your Aadhaar card number with UAN number which makes the withdrawal and transfer easy. Linking of Aadhar card will make your withdrawal easy without even contacting your employer.
So, these are the best methods to check EPF claim status. You can check it as per your requirements. It can check by both online and offline methods.